It is no secret that cardiovascular (cardio) exercises are important for weight loss. When combined with strength training, weight training, and a proper diet plan, cardio workouts give great results. Perhaps not everyone is a fan of this kind of high-intensity fitness regimes, but cardio is the key to lose weight. What cardio alone can do to those who are struggling to lose weight, no other slimming program can. Hence, cardio is essential if you want to shed those extra pounds. Worry not! Here are the best cardio workouts from the Indianworkouts.com that are surprisingly effective.
Before beginning with effective cardio workouts, a few things must be determined. Cardio alone may not be enough for losing weight, but it is the most vital part of the drill. For those seeking to slim down, it is important to learn how and how much cardio is important for you.
How Cardio Workouts Help Lose Weight?
Remember, a low-calorie diet, strength training and cardiovascular exercises is the holistic approach to lose weight. As for cardio exercises for weight loss, they accelerate the process. For those unfamiliar, a cardio exercise is a form of physical movement that increases the heart rate resulting in the burning of more calories. As the heart rate increases to the target heart rate zone, blood pumps faster and the body demands more oxygen.
It begins to burn fat for more energy and you end up expending more calories. A committed regimen of best cardio exercises will consequently result in weight loss. Besides weight loss, cardio exercises have several other benefits. It improves overall health, increases stamina, strengthens muscles, bones, heart, and lungs. It also enhances mental health and confidence.
How much cardio workout you need to do to lose weight is not difficult to determine. A good understanding of your calorie consumption, body mass index (BMI), age, sex, and metabolism rate will help you figure the same. Also, consider how active your lifestyle is before establishing the amount of time and intensity you need to devote to this fitness program. Experts say 20 to 40 minutes of your favorite cardio workout at least five days a week is perfect to maintain a healthy weight.
Different Cardio Workouts for Weight Loss
- Walking: The simplest yet one of the best cardio exercises is walking. It can be done by everyone. However, people looking to slim down are advised to do brisk walking. The pace should be faster enough to get your heart rate up and your body sweating. An hour of brisk walking at a moderate speed can help you burn 300-450 calories. Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes as you head for a walk. For those who prefer the treadmill, experiment with different incline angles for a more effective workout.
- Running: Many experts suggest running is an essential part of a cardio workout plan. It is an effective physical activity that propels the weight loss program. The time devoted to running as a cardio exercise for weight loss depends on the amount of weight you want to lose per week. At the same time, it is important to understand that running will make no difference if you eat all wrong. It is important to combine running with healthy eating habits. 20 minutes of running per day at a moderate speed are enough to maintain a healthy weight.
- Swimming: Devoting one hour to swimming can help you lose whooping 600-700 calories. It is not only one of the best cardio workouts, but also a total body exercise. It engages all the muscles if done properly. Best way to burn calories is treading water. A few laps combined with water-treading interval can make you burn more calories and faster.
- Jumping Rope: It is one of the fastest and a powerful workout. It is simple and fun, and just 10 minutes of high-speed jumping can help you burn 200 calories. It is definitely more effective than running and it is one of the best cardio exercises done at home. All you need is a jumping rope that you must hold from both ends in each hand and keep flipping it over your head to your back. Set intervals for more effective results.
- Cycling: Cycling is not only a good cardio exercise, but it also helps in strengthening your leg muscles and improves heart. You can either go for a geared bike for outdoor cycling or simply do in on a stationary bike in gym or comfort of your home. 45 minutes of cycling can help you lose 400-600 calories.
- Sprint workouts: Another cardio workout for weight loss is sprint workouts. Since it is a high-intensity workout, it is recommended to consult your doctor before performing it. Sprints can be applied to workout regimes like running, swimming and cycling.
Before starting the sprint workout, a five-minute warmup is important otherwise it may result in an injury or muscle soreness. This form of high-impact exercise need not be done regularly but just three times a week. Practice the sprint at 60-80 percent max intensity for about 30 seconds and then recover for 3 minutes by slowing down to a comfortable speed. It is important to keep moving. Repeat the routine 6-8 times per workout.
- Cross-trainer: Also, popularly known as an Elliptical trainer, enables a wholesome workout for the body without putting pressure on your joints. It is a low-impact workout that is a slow but effective way of burning calories. 30 minutes of training can help you burn a whopping 400-500 calories.
All of these and other effective cardio exercises, including a stair climber, rowing, kettlebells, etc, must be done with caution. It is important to follow the right technique in order to avoid any injury. A healthy diet, warm-ups, cool-downs, and comfortable shoes and clothes are some of the pre-requisites of cardio exercises. Also, remember to stay hydrated for more energy and avoid doing it beyond your tolerance level.
Also read: Hardcore legal alternative to steroids Marine Muscle >>