Being obese or overweight can result in various health problems. Though these days fad diets have become commonplace a nutritious diet and a balanced lifestyle is a key to a healthy living as well as better weight control.
Carrying surplus body weight will result in fatal health issues including type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. Regardless of what the proponents claim, crash diets are never a sustainable solution. For losing weight safely and also sustaining it over time, making gradual, beneficial and permanent lifestyle changes is a must.
Keep Your Weight in Check with these Smart Tips
- Eat Nutritionally Dense Foods– The foundation of your diet should be healthful snacks and meals. It is vital to include fruits, vegetables, protein, fiber and whole grains in the menu. Keep away from trans-fat and also cut down saturated fats but include polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids in the diet.
- Maintain a Weight and Food Diary– When it comes to losing weight successfully, self-monitoring is an essential factor. You can maintain a diary, dedicated website or a mobile app to record all that you consume daily. Remember if you can track your success in little increments and also identify the physical changes then you can stick to your weight loss regimen. Use a BMI calculator to check your BMI (body mass index).
- Daily Exercise and Physical Activity– Exercising regularly is crucial both for mental and physical health. When you increase its frequency in a purposeful and disciplined way, it can help you attain successful weight loss. To begin with, you can also try these simple exercises- parking far from the building entrance, dancing, gardening, walking a dog, raking leaves or taking the stairs. Another good option is to try elliptical machines at home. As you can find some good ellipticals under $300 easily, buying one for your home is not a difficult decision.
- Skip Liquid Calories- You can easily consume lots of calories daily by having juice, alcohol and sugar-sweetened soda. These are empty calories as they offer extra energy content devoid of providing any nutritional perks. Unless you consume a smoothie for replacing a meal, it is best to stick to unsweetened coffee and tea or water. Adding a few drops of orange or fresh lemon to water can offer some flavor. Do not mistake dehydration with that of hunger. You can often satiate feelings of hunger amid scheduled meal times by having a glass of water.
- Control Portions and Measure Servings– Consuming any food in excess even vegetables that have low calories can lead to weight gain. Hence you must avoid estimating the serving size and/or directly eating food from the packet. Guessing results in overestimating, and the chances of consuming portions that are larger than necessary. It is always wise to use serving size guides and measuring cups.
If you have made up your mind to shed the extra kilos and are serious about it merely follow the points mentioned above and sincerely. This way you can keep your weight in check and also maintain a healthy lifestyle. Nothing is impossible if you have the willingness to do it.
Also read our article about best HGH & testosterone boosters >>